Today is 25 August:
Let's us look at PPHB results: Q3 will be their stronger results, we have to wait and see...
PPHB Quarter Report History
|PBT (RM,000)||Net Profit|
|24 Aug 20||31 Dec 20||Q2 Jun 20||40,276||5,052||3,152||1.67||0.00||1.340|
|29 May 20||31 Dec 20||Q1 Mar 20||45,362||3,113||2,619||1.39||0.00||1.320|
|24 Feb 20||31 Dec 19||Q4 Dec 19||53,673||6,044||3,826||2.03||0.25||1.310|
|25 Nov 19||31 Dec 19||Q3 Sep 19||52,584||10,735||10,099||5.35||0.00||1.290|
|26 Aug 19||31 Dec 19||Q2 Jun 19||50,072||6,872||5,050||2.68||0.00||1.230|
|27 May 19||31 Dec 19||Q1 Mar 19||47,548||5,884||4,658||2.47||0.00||1.210|
|25 Feb 19||31 Dec 18||Q4 Dec 18||55,368||7,122||4,676||2.48||0.00||1.180|
|26 Nov 18||31 Dec 18||Q3 Sep 18||52,076||6,222||6,207||3.29||0.00||1.160|
|27 Aug 18||31 Dec 18||Q2 Jun 18||48,503||5,935||4,195||2.22||0.00||1.120|
|28 May 18||31 Dec 18||Q1 Mar 18||42,929||5,229||3,930||2.08||0.00||1.100|
|27 Feb 18||31 Dec 17||Q4 Dec 17||45,035||5,624||3,613||1.92||0.00||1.080|
|28 Nov 17||31 Dec 17||Q3 Sep 17||44,157||4,633||3,705||1.97||0.00||1.060|
|Revenue - Record-high quarterly revenue||Net Profit - Record-high quarterly profit after tax|
Analyst by Kenanga on 11th August:
Public Packages Holdings Bhd (Trading Buy)
- PPHB is a total packaging solutions provider that focusses on the production and sale of paper packaging products such as cartons boxes.
- The Group’s bottom-line has shown year-on-year growth in three of the last four years with net earnings increasing from RM14.2m in FY Dec 2015 to RM23.6m in FY Dec 2019 (or a CAGR of 14%).
- In the most recent quarterly result, the Group turned in a net profit of RM2.6m (-44% YoY) as its performance was hit by weaker demand due to the Covid-19 disruptions. Nonetheless, its balance sheet remains financially strong, backed by net cash & short-term investments of RM21.1m (translating to 11 sen per share) as of end-March this year.
- Assuming a net profit base of RM19.4m (which is derived from its average earnings over the past three years), the stock is currently trading at an undemanding PER of 7.2x (or just slightly above its historical mean valuation).
- From a technical perspective, PPHB’s share price – which has been inching up on high volume in recent days to close at RM0.74 yesterday – could see a breakout from its sideways trading pattern after cutting above the 100-day SMA line.
- Riding on the positive momentum, the stock is expected to test its recent high of RM0.84 (which is our resistance target, R1) before climbing further to close the price gap (that was opened in February this year) and challenge the next resistance threshold of RM1.09 (R2). This represents upside potentials of 14% and 47%, respectively.
- We have pegged our stop loss level at RM0.65 (12% downside risk)