Year End Financial Checklist oh Year End Financial Checklist

Year End Financial Checklist. (Source: Yap Ming Hui)

It is divided into 3 section:

1) Savings - Passed, normally I am able to save 30% of my salary and put in my FLEXI house loan to reduce my interest. My house loan which started 8 years ago with loan amount of RM 200 k is reduce to RM 100 k. This means that 8 years I am able to pay back 50% of my house loan. Another 8 years, when I am 48 years old, I can pay back all my house loan which can drive/motivate me DREAM about retirement. House Loan is the biggest/highest loan in my life.

2) Investment Performance - Failed tremendously, My target is 10% return. During October sell down still have 5% positive return but with the December sell down I am in negative territory average loss of 30 %. My mistake is didn't anticipate the Black SWAN ( Oil price dip). Lesson to learn: Do not be too complacent.

3) Debt Management - No Car debt, No Credit card debt. Only House Loan Debt and Share Margin Debt. For Share Margin, almost hit the margin call during the sell down in December but manage to reduce the ratio back to safety level.