Making a smooth transition into your retirement years oh Making a smooth transition into your retirement years



1. Review your holistic financial plan

I use EPF retirement calculator to roughly check how much I need to retire.

Link: http://www.kwsp.gov.my/portal/en/web/kwsp/retirement-calculator


From the above calculator, I need about 1.5 million for me to retire.

Can I have the above number to retire???

Or 

Should I reduce my current spending from 2.5 k(1.5 million required) to 1.8 k (1 million required)???



2. You need not be 100% debt free in order to retire

Maybe I still have Property Loan, but hopefully is a Property that generate positive cash flow.


3. Review your cash reserves

This one should not be a problem since we can take out the EPF as cash reserves or maintain in EPF.

4. Retire from work but not from investing

Learn to trade FKLI or short term trading.

5. Review your insurance coverage

This one jialat. Need to buy NEW medical insurance after retired.


https://www.thestar.com.my/business/business-news/2018/05/05/making-a-smooth-transition-into-your-retirement-years/