Budget 2013 - what i can claim

Tax relief for SSPN increase from RM 3000 to RM 6000, like that I must add in money for my lui lui. But this is for tahun taksiran 2013. 2012.

Pelepasan cukai pendapatan bagi tabung di dalam Skim Simpanan Pendidikan Nasional (PTPTN) dinaikkan daripada RM3,000 kepada RM6,000.


Thanks Emanuel Wong for the update:

Correction it is for tahun taksiran 2012.

So hurry bank in RM 3k more.

http://www.ptptn.gov.my/docs/Bajet2013/Bajet2013%20-%20Lampiran%20C.pdf

But based on the above article:

If I have net saving of RM 3k in 2011 and no additional money in 2012, I get ZERO rebate?

I thought the rebate is still 3k, why their calculation based on additional deposit???

Anyone can highlight this???

7 comments

My sister also saves some money in the SSPN, but she cannot claim out her SSPN money after she enters university. Any idea how?

Can you please describe in details?

Why she can not take out?

Based on their term and conditions,
A.Savings Withdrawal

Documents to be enclosed are as follows:-

Deposit withdrawal slip / match grant claim;
Copy of depositor's MyKad / military card / police card; and
Copy of SSPN card.

http://www.ptptn.gov.my/web/english/savings/statement

Hi, where did u see this?
I chk all newspaper and no paper is mention abt this PPPTN.

Thks

Hi Kino,

Please check my infographic.

If you still not convinced, just download the original teks ucapan from PM. Page 14 and 15.

Link here: http://www.treasury.gov.my/data/ucapan/ub13.pdf

the increase to RM6000 for ptptn saving tax relieft take effect starting year 2012, refer here for the official annoucement from ptptn. http://www.ptptn.gov.my/web/guest/bajet2013

hi Ck and emmanuel,
Yup. got it.
Thk for the info.

But based on the above article:

If I have net saving of RM 3k in 2011 and no additional money in 2012, I get ZERO rebate? My account balance is still 3k.

I thought the rebate is still 3k, why their calculation based on additional deposit???

Anyone can highlight this???